I really like tinctures. I'm too sensitive to many pharmaceutical medicines, or I get weird side effects that doctors have never heard of. Plus, I don't like taking a ton of pills, and I don't want to drink quarts of herbal tea. I like a little something I can put under my tongue, or swirl in a small amount of cool water and drink down. Plus, they're just a little bit witchy.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Lemon Balm from Herb Pharm: Great for anxiety, the onset of a panic attack, or when you're wound up and having trouble getting to sleep.
- Calm Tummy Bitters by Urban Moonshine: Excellent for mild digestive upset, gas, bloating, nausea. (For more serious gut issues I turn to activated charcoal, loperamide, or both).
- Adrena Nourish by Herb Pharm: To be honest, I'm on the fence about the existence of "adrenal fatigue" and I'm opposed to taking supplements that contain animal adrenals. But this one has a gentle blend of herbs that does seem to give me a little boost when I'm feeling flat.
- Red Raspberry Leaf by Herb Pharm: Helps ease PMS and contains potassium and magnesium, which are great for muscle cramps of all kinds, especially menstrual cramps.
- Relax Tincture by Whoopi & Maya: You know what's also great for cramps? A little THC. This tincture includes cannabis, passionflower, raspberry leaf, motherwort and cramp bark. It's really soothing and lovely. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it in dispensaries in ages so I'm trying to make the last dregs of my bottle last.
- Treatwell 20:1 CBD Tincture: I use this for general body pain and for a mood lift. I've found that it is also a mild stimulant, so I only take it in the morning -- otherwise I have trouble getting to sleep.
- Heart Mender Essence by Dori Midnight: I use this sometimes when I'm having those kinds of big feelings where my chest just aches. It's a blend of flower and crystal essences in blackberry-rose brandy. A few drops on the tongue does the trick.